Valium comes in tablets, broadened discharge cases, and fluid frame.
Gulp down broadened discharge cases. You shouldn’t pulverize or break them.
You can take Valium with or without sustenance.
In tablet frame, Valium comes in 2-, 5-, and 10-milligram (mg) pills.
Your portion will rely upon the condition you have and your own reaction to Valium:
- A run of the mill grown-up portion of Valium to treat nervousness may run from 2 to 10 mg two to four times each day.
- A run of the mill grown-up portion of Valium to treat liquor withdrawal might be 10 mg three to four times each day for 24 hours pursued by 5 mg taken three to four times each day as required.
- A common grown-up portion of Valium to treat muscle fits may extend from 2 to 10 mg three to four times each day.
- A regular grown-up portion of Valium to treat seizures may run from 2 to 10 mg two to four times each day.
- More seasoned individuals or individuals with a ceaseless ailment may take 2 to 2.5 mg on more than one occasion per day.
An overdose of Valium can cause focal sensory system wretchedness. Side effects can include:
- Extraordinary tiredness
- Inconvenience strolling
- Outrageous shortcoming
- Trouble relaxing
- Loss of cognizance
It’s conceivable to have a lethal overdose on the off chance that you blend Valium with different medications that likewise cause focal sensory system dejection.
In the event that an overdose happens, call a toxic substance focus at 1-800-222-1222 or call 9-1-1.
Missed Dose of Valium
Take Valium precisely as coordinated by your specialist. Try not to quit taking diazepam all alone.
Halting all of a sudden can cause withdrawal side effects, for example,
- Inconvenience resting
- Mental trips
On the off chance that you miss a portion of Valium, accept the missed portion when you recollect.
On the off chance that it’s nearly time for your next portion, skirt the missed portion.
Try not to twofold your portion to compensate for a missed portion.
What occurs on the off chance that I miss a portion?
Accept the missed portion when you recall. Avoid the missed portion on the off chance that it is nearly time for your next planned portion. Try not to take additional prescription to make up the missed portion.
What occurs in the event that I overdose?
Look for crisis medicinal consideration or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of diazepam can be lethal.
Overdose side effects may incorporate outrageous laziness, loss of equalization or coordination, limp or feeble muscles, or swooning.
What would it be a good idea for me to stay away from while taking Valium?
Try not to drink liquor. Unsafe symptoms could happen.
This drug may debilitate your reasoning or responses. Be watchful on the off chance that you drive or do whatever expects you to be caution.
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interface with diazepam and lead to undesirable reactions. Talk about the utilization of grapefruit items with your specialist.